In the course of my daily routine, I am always conscious of something that exists on the edges of the everyday, present yet difficult to grasp.
This mysterious thing, when it reveals itself, has more of an air of truth than reality itself and is difficult for me to ignore. As much as possible, I try to naturally confront this existence.
To create a three-dimensional piece, a variety of art materials can be used. In general, I wanted to use paint materials that create a feeling of warmth and depth.
Even amongst the various paint materials, Japanese lacquer (URUSHI) was the first material that I felt spiritual power and life energy from.
Lacquer is a natural material which comes from the resin of trees and resembles the blood that flows through us. You can feel its lifeforce and will. URUSHI is the material that I am most infatuated with right now.
- 11.09.2021solo exhibition2021 in Taiwan @iart gallery
- 04.04.2021Solo exhibition in TAIWAN 【i art gallery】2021
- 04.03.2021ART FAIR TOKYO2021
- 01.21.2021【Artist in Residence】in Miyazaki ≫2021/1/11〜2021/2/7
- 11.09.2015【KIAF 2015】한국국제아트페어 KIAF 2015
- 11.09.2015【ART BUSAN 2015】아트부산 2015 韓国/釜山
- 11.09.2015【Kanako Ozawa solo exhibition】韓国ソウル -gallery a cube-